Monday, January 5, 2015

My Favorite Video Games of 2014 (video)

#videogames #ps4 #rockfile
This was my first year of of nearly zero PC Gaming time since I first played Doom. I played almost exclusively on my PS4 and loved every minute. Consoles have nearly caught up to PC's in graphical quality and for the money you cannot beat them.

I tend to play single player games much more than multiplayer but Destiny is a different animal. Much like an MMO without the monthly fee (and less story, dammit Bungie!) but it excels in co-op fun. I love finishing hard missions together with a couple of other guys to advance the story and not just finish the map. I was a beta tester for Destiny and The Elder Scrolls Online and both are fun games. Destiny is going to have to ramp up the story if it is going to keep my interest with what's coming in 2015!


Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor - Assassin's Creed/Arkham Games-style in Middle-earth, what's not to like? Smooth controls, lots to see and do and an engaging story. It may not advance the genre but what it does, it does very well. 


Little Big Planet 3 - The most creative game out there, I love them all but 3 is awesome. More actual game and more tools to create, I will spend tons of time in this world.


Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls - The definitive version of the game I started playing two years ago on PC. The PS4 version is the best version of the game, so far.


Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - A game I loved on my PS3 only got better on PS4.


Infamous: Second Son - Expanding on everything I loved about the PS3 games, I enjoyed Second Son even more.


Destiny - A beautiful game that is a blast to play, just needs more content.



The Elder Scrolls Online - I don't do MMOs but this was a ton of fun.






Will play these ASAP:

Civilization: Beyond Earth
Dragon Age Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Dark Souls II
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Evil Within
Watch Dogs








(-']













No comments:

Post a Comment